Alabama Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Alabama
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $25,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Alabama.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Driving privileges are automatically revoked for 90 days upon first offense.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Alabama.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- Those unable to provide proof of insurance may have to file for an SR-22 for one year.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Alabama.
- The Alabama House of Representatives has approved several cell phone/texting laws.
- A recently introduced bill would prohibit manual operation of a GPS device while driving.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Alabama.
- Alabama's minimum age for driving is 16 years old.
- Younger drivers, aged 15, can obtain a Restricted Learner's License.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Alabama teen driver laws.
The State of Alabama requires all motorists to carry liability coverage. Any driver who is found operating a motor vehicle without the proper insurance coverage will be fined $500 for the first offense along with the suspension of their driver's license.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Alabama requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $25,000 total for property damage, per accident
It's important to remember that these amounts are strictly the minimum which the State of Alabama requires to maintain legal coverage. Many times, these minimum numbers are woefully inadequate to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are found legally responsible. To avoid having to pay the cost difference out-of-pocket, you may want to consider choosing higher amounts of insurance coverage when you purchase your own policy.
You can depend on your professional insurance agent to be a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements and also for any other questions you may have about the different types of coverage available and their costs.
For answers to any other questions or concerns, please contact:
Alabama's Department of Insurance
|201 Monroe Street, Suite 502|
Montgomery, AL 36104
|(334) 269-3550 local|
(334) 241-4141 local
Alabama Car Insurance Agents
If you are a resident of Alabama and are searching for a highly trained auto insurance agent to assist you in putting together a comprehensive yet affordable policy, look no further!
Alabama Auto Insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose job is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right auto insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
A good agent will take the time to listen to your needs and circumstances with regards to auto insurance and will always consider and use your answers when writing up a policy which protects you, your property and your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to help you throughout the entire claim process. You should also expect your agent to make sure that your policy is up-to-date and that you maintain coverage which is appropriate for your personal situation.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator. It offers an extensive list of professional agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- If you don't put a lot of miles on your car annually, ask about a low-mileage discount.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about a good student discount.
- Completion of defensive driving/driver's safety courses from an accredited company can also save you money on premiums.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the cost of your premium. Be sure to check your score before applying for new insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to big savings for you! When you also work with a professional insurance agent to put together your policy, you can be confident that you are getting comprehensive coverage at the best possible price.
One of the best ways to save on Alabama auto insurance is research the best rates through CarInsurance.info. We're your insurance information portal for finding the best policy for their budget. By comparing the rates from a list of companies, we can help you pick the most suitable policy at the lowest rates as well as offer the greatest convenience while buying auto insurance. CarInsurance.info is here to serve you 24/7. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Search By City