Connecticut Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Connecticut
- $20,000 bodily injury for one person
- $40,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Connecticut.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Connecticut.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- A SR-22 is required for anyone who's had their license suspended.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Connecticut.
- Connecticut House Bill 6410 allows the use of cell phones while operating a motor vehicle in the performance of their official duties.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Connecticut.
- Connecticut teen drivers must wait until they are 16 years old before applying for a learner's permit.
- They must also pass a vision test and written exam.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Connecticut teen driver laws
If you don't have the proper amount of coverage and are held responsible in an accident, your home, savings, future wages, and all other personal assets can be at risk in order to cover the costs of accident-related medical bills, property damage, and lawsuits.
The State of Connecticut requires that all motorists purchase and maintain the following minimum amounts of coverage:
- $20,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $40,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
- $20,000 total for Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage, per person
- $40,000 total for Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage, per accident
When putting together your auto insurance policy, it's important to remember that whatever amount you select is the maximum amount that your insurance provider will pay out on a claim. The minimum amounts as required by law are often times not enough to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are responsible. Therefore, you may want to consider choosing higher amounts of insurance coverage when you purchase your policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding the state's minimum requirements and also any other questions you may have about different types of coverage and amounts.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Connecticut Insurance Department
|153 Market Street|
Hartford, CT 06103
|(800) 203-3447 toll-free|
Connecticut Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Connecticut and are looking for an auto insurance agent to help you with your insurance needs, you've come to the right place.
Connecticut Auto Insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose job is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right auto insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
By knowing what to ask and thoughtfully listening to your questions and concerns, a good agent can put together a policy which is just right for you- one that protects you and your property as well as your assets. A trusted professional agent will stand by you when you have to submit a claim and will work hard to ensure that your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet your needs and personal situation. Circumstances can change over time and it is the business of a good agent to adapt your policy to any such changes.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator. It offers an extensive list of professional agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Drive carefully. A clean driving record can add up to big savings when buying insurance.
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- Completion of defensive driving/driver's safety courses from an accredited company can also save you money on premiums.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Check your credit score before applying for insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
By taking advantage of these money-saving tips and working with a professional insurance agent, you can be confident that you are getting the lowest possible rate on your auto insurance policy!
Out of the many ways to save money on Connecticut auto insurance is through CarInsurance.info. Using our services, you can compare rates of different auto insurance companies and find the best coverage. If you compare rates from different auto insurance carriers you can find the best rates as well as find a policy that fits your specific needs. We can find you the best rates in the most convenient manner.
Search By City
|New Haven||Norwalk||Stamford||Waterbury||West Hartford|