Delaware Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Delaware
- $15,000 bodily injury for one person
- $30,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Delaware.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Delaware.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Delaware.
- The Delaware legislature is considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- Delaware House Bill 40 prohibits using a mobile phone unless equipped with a Distracted Driver system.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Delaware.
- Delaware utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers
- The GDL is intended to minimize high-risk situations for inexperienced drivers.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Delaware teen driver laws
- $15,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $30,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
It's important to remember that these amounts are the minimum required by law. Most insurance experts recommend that you consider purchasing higher amounts of coverage to protect yourself financially. If you are found at fault in an accident and are sued, only having the minimum amount of coverage can leave you personally responsible for additional expenditures such as court costs, lawyer fees, as well as related damages and claims.
You can depend on your professional insurance agent to be a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements and also for any other questions you may have about the different types of coverage available and their costs.
For answers to any other questions, please contact:
Delaware Insurance Department- Main Office
|841 Silver Lake Blvd.|
Dover, DE 19904
Delaware Insurance Department- Wilmington Office
|Carvel State Office Building, 5th Floor|
820 N. French St.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Delaware Car Insurance Agents
If you are a resident of Delaware and are searching for a highly trained auto insurance agent to assist you in putting together a comprehensive yet affordable policy, look no further!
Auto insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you- their customer. They are able to compare prices from different insurance companies and find the best combination of coverage and cost.
A good agent will take the time to listen to your needs and circumstances with regards to auto insurance and will always consider and use your answers when writing up a policy which protects you, your property and your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to help you throughout the entire claim process. You should also expect your agent to make sure that your policy is up-to-date and that you maintain coverage which is appropriate for your personal situation.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. You can depend on any one of these agents to maintain a high standard of professional excellence while working hard to make sure you get the best Delaware Auto Insurance policy possible.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you don't put a lot of miles on your car annually, ask about a low-mileage discount.
- Reduce coverage on an older vehicle, especially if it's paid for.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Before applying for insurance, obtain copies of your personal credit report from the three major credit bureaus and check them for accuracy. Report any errors or out-of-date information directly to the reporting bureau.
Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to big savings for you! When you also work with a professional insurance agent to put together your policy, you can be confident that you are getting comprehensive coverage at the best possible price.
CarInsurance.info is the ideal online insurance shop where you can compare insurance companies and their offerings and then select the best coverage for your needs and budget. CarInsurance.info offers information on the lowest and the best Delaware auto insurance coverage options. Conducting a basic comparison of all the options helps save time and money. Residents from anywhere in Delaware can access online quotes for free from CarInsurance.info.
Search By City