Discount Auto Insurance
Discount auto insurance is available through nearly every company offering automobile insurance coverage. These discounts provide substantial savings to policyholders who qualify and significantly lower the cost of the insurance policy premium. Depending on the circumstances, many drivers can take advantage of numerous discounts. This is a great way to save money on your auto insurance coverage!
The types of discounts vary from company to company so be sure to speak with your personal insurance agent when formulating your own discount auto insurance policy. The following are some of the most commonly offered discounts.
- Safe Driver Discount - This applies to a driver who has a clean driving record. This normally means no accidents, no speeding/reckless driving citations, and no DUI or DWI arrests. The requirements differ among all the major insurance carriers.
- Good Student Discount - This is usually available to full-time high school and college students who maintain a GPA of 3.0 and/or are on the Honor Roll or Dean's List.
- Driver Education/Defensive Driving Course Discount - Many young drivers can qualify for this discount by completing an approved driver's education/defensive driving course.
- Anti-theft/Safety Equipment Discount - This discount is offered when the insured car has one or more safety features. These can be an alarm system, window (VIN) etchings, remote vehicle disablement, LoJack, front and side airbags, and daytime running lights.
- Motorcycle Safety Discount - Depending on where you live, if you complete an approved motorcycle safety training course you may qualify for a discount on your premium.
- Senior Driver Discount - Insurance carriers offer various senior discounts, as well as special deals for active and retired military personnel.
- Low Mileage Discount - If you drive less than a certain number of miles per year (8000, for example) your insurance company may offer a discount. The actual number of miles may vary so check with your agent for more detailed information.
- Multiple Insurance Policies Discount - Most insurance companies offer this discount when you purchase multiple types of insurance policies with one carrier- such as car, home, life, etc.
- Military Discount - be sure to ask your carrier if you qualify.
Discount auto insurance is available from almost all of the major insurance companies. Be sure to have all the facts when putting together your personal insurance policy. A good agent can help you find the various discount options for which you qualify. This can translate to big savings on the total cost of your insurance premiums.