Indiana Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Indiana
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident.
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Indiana.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Indiana.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Indiana.
- The House Public Policy Committee is considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- Indiana House Bill 1279 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Indiana.
- Indiana utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- The GDL is intended to minimize high-risk situations for inexperienced drivers.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Indiana teen driver laws.
- $20,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $40,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
It's important to remember that these amounts are the minimum required by law. Most insurance experts recommend that you consider purchasing higher amounts of coverage to protect yourself financially. If you don't have the proper amount of coverage and are held responsible in an accident, your home, savings, future wages, and all other personal assets can be at risk in order to cover the costs of accident-related medical bills, property damage, and lawsuits.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Indiana Department of Insurance
|311 West Washington Street|
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Indiana Car Insurance Agents
If you are a resident of Indiana and are searching for a highly trained auto insurance agent to assist you in putting together a comprehensive yet affordable policy, look no further!
Auto insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you- their customer. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right Indiana Auto Insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
By asking the right questions about your personal needs and circumstances with regards to insurance and listening carefully to your answers, a good agent can put together a comprehensive auto insurance policy which protects you and your property, as well as your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to always make sure your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet the needs of your changing lifestyle.
If are interested in getting a quote from a qualified agent, use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- Drive carefully. A clean driving record can add up to big savings when buying insurance.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- If you don't put a lot of miles on your car annually, ask about a low-mileage discount.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Before applying for insurance, obtain copies of your personal credit report from the three major credit bureaus and check them for accuracy. Report any errors or out-of-date information directly to the reporting bureau.
You can be confident that when you work with a professional insurance agent you are getting a comprehensive auto insurance policy that is tailored specifically to your needs and budget. Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to even more savings for you!
Today, it's easier than ever before to find affordable, well-priced Indiana auto insurance. Even though auto insurance is legally required it does not have to be expensive. CarInsurance.info offers you one easy place to handle all your auto insurance needs such as obtaining a variety of Indiana auto insurance quotes and purchasing your policy.
Search By City