Iowa Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Iowa
- $20,000 bodily injury for one person
- $40,000 per accident
- $15,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Iowa.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Iowa.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Iowa.
- The Iowa legislature is considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- Iowa House File 2456 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Iowa.
- Iowa utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- To obtain an instruction permit teen drivers must be at least 14 years old, pass a vision text, and a written exam.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Iowa teen driver laws.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Iowa requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $20,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $40,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $15,000 total for property damage, per accident
It's important to remember that these amounts are strictly the minimum which the State of Iowa requires to maintain legal coverage. Many times, these minimum numbers are woefully inadequate to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are found legally responsible. To avoid having to pay the cost difference out-of-pocket, you may want to consider choosing higher amounts of insurance coverage when you purchase your own policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Iowa Insurance Division
|330 Maple Street|
Des Moines, IA 50319
(877) 955-1212 Toll-free Consumer Line
Iowa Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Iowa and are looking for an auto insurance agent to assist you with your insurance needs, your search is over!
Iowa Auto Insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you- their customer. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right auto insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
A good agent will take the time to listen to your needs and circumstances with regards to auto insurance and will always consider and use your answers when writing up a policy which protects you, your property and your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to help you throughout the entire claim process. You should also expect your agent to make sure that your policy is up-to-date and that you maintain coverage which is appropriate for your personal situation.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator. It offers an extensive list of professional agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Drive carefully. A clean driving record can add up to big savings when buying insurance.
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Check your credit score before applying for insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
By taking advantage of these money-saving tips and working with a professional insurance agent, you can be confident that you are getting the lowest possible rate on your auto insurance policy!
In the age of convenience, searching for the lowest Iowa auto insurance rates is like a walk in the park. All you have to do is visit CarInsurance.info to find the information you need to compare insurance rates and make an informed decision. CarInsurance.info is the ideal insurance marketplace to get a quote and buy online insurance. The site assures you save time and money with quotes and policies for the entire state.
Search By City
|Ames||Cedar Rapids||Council Bluffs||Davenport||Des Moines|
|Dubuque||Iowa City||Sioux City||Waterloo||West Des Moines|