Kansas Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Kansas
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Kansas.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- DUI penalties may be assessed for any amount of alcohol if an accident causes injury or death.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Kansas.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Kansas.
- The Kansas legislature is considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- Kansas Senate Bill 351 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Kansas.
- Kansas utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- To obtain an instruction permit teen drivers must be at least 14 years old, pass a vision text, and a written exam.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Kansas teen driver laws.
If you don't have the proper amount of coverage and are held responsible in an accident, your home, savings, future wages, and all other personal assets can be at risk in order to cover the costs of accident-related medical bills, property damage, and lawsuits.
The State of Kansas requires every motorist to purchase and maintain liability coverage. This coverage is applicable when you are held responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to a person or persons. It provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. The following are the minimum amounts required by the State of Kansas:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
The State of Kansas also mandates the following Personal Injury Protection (PIP or No Fault) minimum coverage amounts for all of its motorists:
- $4,500 total, per person for medical expenses
- $900 total, per month for one year for disability/loss of income
- $25 total, per day for in-home services
- $2,000 total, for funeral, burial or cremation expense
- $4,500 total, for rehabilitation
Kansas also requires Survivor Benefits coverage (minimum) for Disability/Loss of Income up to $900 per month for one year. Also required is coverage for In-home Services up to $25 per day for one year.
Furthermore, Kansas mandates that all drivers carry Uninsured Motorist coverage. This covers your own bodily injuries if you are the victim of a hit-and-run or are hit by a driver who is at fault but has no insurance or is underinsured. The minimum coverage amounts are:
- $25,000 total, per person
- $50,000 total, per accident
When putting together your auto insurance policy, it's important to remember that whatever amount you select is the maximum amount that your insurance provider will pay out on a claim. The minimum amounts as required by law are often times not enough to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are responsible. Therefore, you may want to consider choosing higher amounts of insurance coverage when you purchase your policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Collision Coverage or Comprehensive Coverage, for example.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Kansas Insurance Department
|420 SW 9th Street|
Topeka, KS 66612
Kansas Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Kansas and are looking for an auto insurance agent to help you with your insurance needs, you've come to the right place.
Auto insurance agents are highly trained professionals whose goal is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. They are able to compare prices from different insurance companies and find the best combination of coverage and cost. Since they keep up with the latest trends in the insurance industry, they are a knowledgeable source when it comes to putting together a comprehensive auto insurance policy that meets the needs of their customers but is also affordable.
A qualified Kansas Auto Insurance agent will take the time to listen to your needs and circumstances with regards to auto insurance and will always consider and use your answers when writing up a policy which protects you, your property and your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to always make sure your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet the needs of your changing lifestyle.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator. It offers an extensive list of professional agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about a good student discount.
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- If you don't put a lot of miles on your car annually, ask about a low-mileage discount.
- Group your policies together. This can earn you up to 10% off your total premium cost at some insurance companies.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the cost of your premium. Be sure to check your score before applying for new insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to big savings for you! When you also work with a professional insurance agent to put together your policy, you can be confident that you are getting comprehensive coverage at the best possible price.
The proliferation of the web has made it easy to find information one needs to make sensible decisions. The same goes for auto insurance. CarInsurance.info offers a list of the most affordable Kansas auto insurance premiums. You can compare insurance costs of several providers and choose one that helps save time and money. We provide you with a list of the lowest auto insurance rates throughout the state.
Search By City