Kentucky Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Kentucky
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Kentucky.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Kentucky.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Kentucky.
- The Kentucky legislature has considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- Kentucky House Bill 415 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Kentucky.
- Kentucky utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- Teens have a 6-month period between obtaining their learner's permit and full license.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Kentucky teen driver laws.
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
When putting together your auto insurance policy, it's important to remember that whatever amount you select is the maximum amount that your insurance provider will pay out on a claim. The minimum amounts as required by law are often times not enough to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are responsible. Therefore, you may want to consider choosing higher amounts of insurance coverage when you purchase your policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Kentucky Department of Insurance
|215 West Main Street|
Frankfort, KY 40601
|(502) 564-3630 Main|
(800) 595-6053 Toll Free In-State
(800) 648-6056 Hearing Impaired
Kentucky Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Kentucky and are looking for an auto insurance agent to help you with your insurance needs, you've come to the right place.
Kentucky Auto Insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose job is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right auto insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
By asking the right questions about your personal needs and circumstances with regards to insurance and listening carefully to your answers, a good agent can put together a comprehensive auto insurance policy which protects you and your property, as well as your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to always make sure your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet the needs of your changing lifestyle.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator. It offers an extensive list of professional agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- Group your policies together. This can earn you up to 10% off your total premium cost at some insurance companies.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- Drive carefully. A clean driving record can add up to big savings when buying insurance.
- Completion of defensive driving/driver's safety courses from an accredited company can also save you money on premiums.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Check your credit score before applying for insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to big savings for you! When you also work with a professional insurance agent to put together your policy, you can be confident that you are getting comprehensive coverage at the best possible price.
With CarInsurance.info people are finding it increasingly easy to shop for Kentucky auto insurance. We offer a comprehensive list of the lowest insurance rates for the entire state. With this information, you can compare rates between companies and select the one that best fits your needs. As a result, you can save significant time and money.
Search By City