Louisiana Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Louisiana
- $15,000 bodily injury for one person
- $30,000 per accident
- $25,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Louisiana.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%; 0.02% for minors; 0.04% for commercial vehicle drivers.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Louisiana.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Louisiana.
- The Louisiana legislature is considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- Louisiana Senate Bill 137 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Louisiana.
- Louisiana utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- The GDL is intended to minimize high-risk situations for inexperienced drivers.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Louisiana teen driver laws.
By law, all Louisiana motorists must purchase and maintain liability coverage. This coverage is applicable when you are held responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to a person or persons. It provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. The following are the minimum amounts required by the State of Louisiana:
- $15,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $30,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $25,000 total for property damage, per accident
It's important to remember that these amounts are strictly the minimum which is required to maintain legal coverage under Louisiana law. Many times, these minimum numbers are woefully inadequate to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are found legally responsible. To avoid having to pay the cost difference out-of-pocket, you may want to consider choosing higher amounts of insurance coverage when you purchase your own policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Louisiana Department of Insurance
|330 Maple Street|
1702 N. Third Street
P.O. Box 94214
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Louisiana Car Insurance Agents
If you are a resident of Louisiana and are searching for a highly trained auto insurance agent to assist you in putting together a comprehensive yet affordable policy, look no further!
Auto insurance agents are highly trained professionals whose goal is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. Since they keep up with the latest trends in the insurance industry, they are a knowledgeable source when it comes to putting together a comprehensive auto insurance policy that meets the needs of their customers. They also understand that their clients need and deserve this coverage at a reasonable cost that doesn't break the family budget.
By knowing what to ask and thoughtfully listening to your questions and concerns, a good agent can put together a policy which is just right for you- one that protects you and your property as well as your assets. A trusted professional agent will stand by you when you have to submit a claim and will work hard to ensure that your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet your needs and personal situation. Circumstances can change over time and it is the business of a good agent to adapt your policy to any such changes.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. You can depend on any one of these agents to maintain a high standard of professional excellence while working hard to make sure you get the best Louisiana Auto Insurance policy possible.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- Group your policies together. This can earn you up to 10% off your total premium cost at some insurance companies.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Before applying for insurance, obtain copies of your personal credit report from the three major credit bureaus and check them for accuracy. Report any errors or out-of-date information directly to the reporting bureau.
By taking advantage of these money-saving tips and working with a professional insurance agent, you can be confident that you are getting the lowest possible rate on your auto insurance policy!
CarInsurance.info provides people with all the information they need to compare the lowest insurance rates and select one that suits them best. It is essential that you choose the right insurance and CarInsurance.info helps you pick the right coverage at affordable rates. With all this information, people can save time not having to call for quotes. CarInsurance.info offers the best Louisiana auto insurance rates for the entire state.
Search By City
|Alexandria||Baton Rouge||Bossier City||Kenner||Lafayette|
|Lake Charles||Metairie||Monroe||New Orleans||Shreveport|