Maine Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Maine
- $50,000/$100,000 bodily injury
- $50,000/$100,000 uninsured/underinsured motorist
- $25,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Maine.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Maine.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Maine.
- The Maine legislature has considered several cell phone/texting laws.
- Maine Senate Bill 15 is titled "Failure to Maintain Control of a Motor Vehicle."
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Maine.
- Maine utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- In Maine, teens must be 15 years of age, pass a vision exam and written test, among other things.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Maine teen driver laws.
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $100,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $25,000 total for property damage, per accident
- $1,000 total for medical payments
It's important to remember that these amounts are the minimum required by law. Most insurance experts recommend that you consider purchasing higher amounts of coverage to protect yourself financially. If you don't have the proper amount of coverage and are held responsible in an accident, your home, savings, future wages, and all other personal assets can be at risk in order to cover the costs of accident-related medical bills, property damage, and lawsuits.
Most people know and understand that driving without insurance is not an option. Not only is it dangerous, it is also illegal. Under Maine law, your driver's license can be suspended, your vehicle impounded, your driving privileges revoked, and you can be financially responsible for all court costs.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Maine Bureau of Insurance
|Dept. of Professional & Financial Regulation|
76 Northern Avenue
Gardiner, ME 04345
(800) 300-5000 Toll Free in Maine
(888) 577-6690 Hearing Impaired
Maine Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Maine and are looking for an auto insurance agent to help you with your insurance needs, you've come to the right place.
Auto insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you- their customer. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right Maine Auto Insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
By asking the right questions about your personal needs and circumstances with regards to insurance and listening carefully to your answers, a good agent can put together a comprehensive auto insurance policy which protects you and your property, as well as your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to always make sure your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet the needs of your changing lifestyle.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator. It offers an extensive list of professional agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Drive carefully. A clean driving record can add up to big savings when buying insurance.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- If you don't put a lot of miles on your car annually, ask about a low-mileage discount.
- Reduce coverage on an older vehicle, especially if it's paid for.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about a good student discount.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the cost of your premium. Be sure to check your score before applying for new insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to big savings for you! When you also work with a professional insurance agent to put together your policy, you can be confident that you are getting comprehensive coverage at the best possible price.
If a resident of Maine has any intention on getting truly fantastic and reasonable prices on the car insurance, they can simply log on to CarInsurance.info. There are some fantastic deals on auto insurance out there if a shopper is willing to do a little research and be proactive. A Maine shopper can be a prudent shopper and save money through CarInsurance.info.
Search By City