Maryland Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Maryland
- $20,000 bodily injury for one person
- $40,000 per accident
- $15,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Maryland.
- DWI is considered a BAC of 0.07%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Maryland.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Maryland.
- The Maryland legislature is considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- Maryland House Bill 72 and Senate Bill 98 prohibit text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Maryland.
- Maryland utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- This 3-step system is intended for all Maryland drivers under the age of 18.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Maryland teen driver laws.
- $20,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $40,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $15,000 total for property damage, per accident
- $20,000 total for Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage, per person
- $40,000 total for Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage, per accident
- $2,500 total for Personal Injury Protection (PIP)-Depending on your health care coverage, this coverage may be waived.
It's important to remember that these amounts are strictly the minimum which the State of Maryland requires to maintain legal coverage. Many times, these minimum numbers are woefully inadequate to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are found legally responsible. To avoid having to pay the cost difference out-of-pocket, you may want to consider choosing higher amounts of insurance coverage when you purchase your own policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Collision Coverage or Comprehensive Coverage, for example.
Maryland Insurance Administration
|200 St. Paul Place|
Baltimore, MD 21202
(800) 492-6116 Toll Free
(800) 735-2258 Hearing Impaired
Maryland Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Maryland and are looking for an auto insurance agent to assist you with your insurance needs, your search is over!
Auto insurance agents are highly trained professionals whose goal is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. They are able to compare prices from different insurance companies and find the best combination of coverage and cost. Since they keep up with the latest trends in the insurance industry, they are a knowledgeable source when it comes to putting together a comprehensive auto insurance policy that meets the needs of their customers but is also affordable.
By knowing what to ask and thoughtfully listening to your questions and concerns, a good agent can put together a policy which is just right for you- one that protects you and your property as well as your assets. A trusted Maryland Auto Insurance agent will stand by you when you have to submit a claim and will work hard to ensure that your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet your needs and personal situation. Circumstances can change over time and it is the business of a good agent to adapt your policy to any such changes.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator. It offers an extensive list of professional agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you don't put a lot of miles on your car annually, ask about a low-mileage discount.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Check your credit score before applying for insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
These days, a very large percentage of commerce takes place online. You can get a Maine Auto Insurance Minimums quote quickly and easily with CarInsurance.info. If you're looking for a great deal on auto insurance, you'll need to compare insurance houses, and CarInsurance.info makes it easy to do that. You can get quotes from all of the best and most reliable auto insurance companies. We work with you to get the best rate.
Search By City