Mississippi Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Mississippi
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $25,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Mississippi.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Mississippi.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Mississippi.
- Mississippi Senate Bill 2280 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Mississippi.
- Mississippi utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- The GDL applies to teens between 15 and 16.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Mississippi teen driver laws.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Mississippi requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
It's important to remember that these amounts are the minimum required by law. Most insurance experts recommend that you consider purchasing higher amounts of coverage to protect yourself financially. Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Mississippi Insurance Department
|1001 Woolfolk State Office Building|
501 North West Street
Jackson, MS 39201
|(601) 359-3569 Main|
(800) 562-2957 Statewide Toll Free
Mississippi Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Mississippi and are looking for an auto insurance agent to help you with your insurance needs, you've come to the right place.
Auto insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you-their customer. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right Mississippi Auto Insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
A good agent will take the time to listen to your needs and circumstances with regards to auto insurance and will always consider and use your answers when writing up a policy which protects you, your property and your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to help you throughout the entire claim process. You should also expect your agent to make sure that your policy is up-to-date and that you maintain coverage which is appropriate for your personal situation.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. You can depend on any one of these agents to maintain a high standard of professional excellence while working hard to get you the best insurance policy possible at a rate you can afford.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- If you don't put a lot of miles on your car annually, ask about a low-mileage discount.
- Reduce coverage on an older vehicle, especially if it's paid for.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the cost of your premium. Be sure to check your score before applying for new insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
By taking advantage of these money-saving tips and working with a professional insurance agent, you can be confident that you are getting the lowest possible rate on your auto insurance policy!
While there is much to adore about the Magnolia State, car insurance premiums can seem a bit excessive. In truth, residents of Mississippi often overpay for car insurance - that is until they use CarInsurance.info to get the best prices on Mississippi auto insurance. CarInsurance.info makes finding affordable car insurance premiums a real possibility, no matter where you live in Mississippi.
Search By City