Missouri Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Missouri
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Missouri.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Missouri.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Missouri.
- The Missouri legislature is considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- Missouri House Bill 92 makes it crime to use a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Missouri.
- Missouri utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- You must be at least 15 years old to apply for a Missouri instruction permit.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Missouri teen driver laws.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Missouri requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
Missouri also mandates that all drivers carry Uninsured Motorist coverage. This covers your own bodily injuries if you are the victim of a hit-and-run or are hit by a driver who is at fault but has no insurance. The minimum coverage amounts are:
- $25,000 total, per person
- $50,000 total, per accident
It's important to remember that these amounts are the minimum required by law. Most insurance experts recommend that you consider purchasing higher amounts of coverage to protect yourself financially. If you don't have the proper amount of coverage and are held responsible in an accident, your home, savings, future wages, and all other personal assets can be at risk in order to cover the costs of accident-related medical bills, property damage, and lawsuits.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Collision Coverage or Comprehensive Coverage, for example.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Missouri Department of Insurance
|301 West High Street|
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Missouri Car Insurance Agents
If you are a resident of Missouri and are searching for a highly trained auto insurance agent to assist you in putting together a comprehensive yet affordable policy, look no further!
Missouri Auto Insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you- their customer. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right auto insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
By asking the right questions about your personal needs and circumstances with regards to insurance and listening carefully to your answers, a good agent can put together a comprehensive auto insurance policy which protects you and your property, as well as your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to always make sure your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet the needs of your changing lifestyle.
If are interested in getting a quote from a qualified agent, use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. Any one of these professional agents will work hard to make sure you get the best insurance policy available that meets both your needs and budget.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- Drive carefully. A clean driving record can add up to big savings when buying insurance.
- Group your policies together. This can earn you up to 10% off your total premium cost at some insurance companies.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Check your credit score before applying for insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to big savings for you! When you also work with a professional insurance agent to put together your policy, you can be confident that you are getting comprehensive coverage at the best possible price.
CarInsurance.info is the best website to visit to find Missouri auto insurance. You can use CarInsurance.info to compare prices from various carriers so you can get the best possible rates. You can easily get a quote and compare rates in order to get the best policy for your situation. CarInsurance.info works with the best and most reliable auto insurance carriers. Because of this you can be sure that you will not only find the most affordable rates, but also get fantastic service.
Search By City
|Columbia||Independence||Kansas City||Lee's Summit||O'Fallon|
|Springfield||St. Charles||St. Joseph||St. Louis||St. Peters|