New Hampshire Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in New Hampshire
- $10,000 bodily injury for one person
- $20,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in New Hampshire.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in New Hampshire.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in New Hampshire.
- The New Hampshire legislature is considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- New Hampshire Senate Bill 328 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in New Hampshire.
- New Hampshire utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- Teen drivers must be 16 years old to obtain a Youth Operator Permit (YOP).
- Click here to learn all you need to know about New Hampshire teen driver laws.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of New Hampshire requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $25,000 total for property damage, per accident
New Hampshire also mandates that all drivers carry Uninsured Motorist coverage. This covers your own bodily injuries if you are the victim of a hit-and-run or are hit by a driver who is at fault but has no insurance. The minimum coverage amounts are:
- $25,000 total, per person
- $50,000 total, per accident
All New Hampshire motorists must also purchase $5,000 in medical payments coverage.
It's important to remember that these amounts are strictly the minimum which is required to maintain legal coverage under New Hampshire law. Many times, these minimum numbers are woefully inadequate to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are found legally responsible. To avoid having to pay the cost difference out-of-pocket, you may want to consider choosing higher amounts of insurance coverage when you purchase your own policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Collision Coverage or Comprehensive Coverage, for example.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
New Hampshire Insurance Department
|21 South Fruit Street|
Concord, NH 03301
New Hampshire Car Insurance Agents
If you live in New Hampshire and are looking for an auto insurance agent to help you with your insurance needs, you've come to the right place.
Auto insurance agents are highly trained professionals whose goal is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. They are able to compare prices from different insurance companies and find the best combination of coverage and cost. Since they keep up with the latest trends in the insurance industry, they are a knowledgeable source when it comes to putting together a comprehensive auto insurance policy that meets the needs of their customers but is also affordable.
By asking the right questions about your personal needs and circumstances with regards to insurance and listening carefully to your answers, a good agent can put together a comprehensive auto insurance policy which protects you and your property, as well as your assets. You can rely on your New Hampshire Auto Insurance agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to always make sure your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet the needs of your changing lifestyle.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator. It offers an extensive list of professional agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
In New Hampshire, the price of auto insurance is determined by the overall driving behavior and habits of the driving public as a whole. Many factors can go into the pricing of a policy, such as your driving record, your age, where you live, and what type of vehicle you drive. Following are some smart ideas to help lower the price of your auto insurance:
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- Drive carefully. A clean driving record can add up to big savings when buying insurance.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- Group your policies together. This can earn you up to 10% off your total premium cost at some insurance companies.
- If you don't put a lot of miles on your car annually, ask about a low-mileage discount.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the cost of your premium. Be sure to check your score before applying for new insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
By taking advantage of these money-saving tips and working with a professional insurance agent, you can be confident that you are getting the lowest possible rate on your auto insurance policy!
Are you a resident of New Hampshire and interested in saving money on New Hampshire auto insurance and seeking out ways to minimize the amount of cash you must spend? While the current car insurance rates seem reasonable, there are still savings to be had in terms of premiums. So where does a resident of New Hampshire turn when they want to rake in savings on their yearly car insurance payments? CarInsurance.info can help - we aim at helping the driving consumer to save as much money as possible on auto insurance costs.
Search By City