Oregon Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Oregon
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Oregon.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Oregon has a zero-tolerance for anyone under 21 who's under the influence.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Oregon.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Oregon.
- The Oregon legislature has considered several cell phone/texting laws.
- Oregon House Bill 2377 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Oregon.
- Oregon utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- An Oregon teen must be at least 15 years of age and pass a written test to receive an instruction permit.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Oregon teen driver laws.
If you don't have the proper amount of coverage and are found at fault in an accident, your home, savings, future wages, and all other personal assets can be at risk in order to cover the costs of accident-related medical bills, property damage and lawsuits.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Oregon requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
- $10,000 total in Personal Injury Protection (PIP). This insurance coverage protects you when you are involved in an accident, no matter who is at fault. It pays a portion of the costs such as accident-related medical expenses and lost wages.
Oregon also mandates that all drivers carry Uninsured Motorist coverage. This covers your own bodily injuries if you are the victim of a hit-and-run or are hit by a driver who is at fault but has no insurance. The minimum coverage amounts are:
- $25,000 total, per person
- $50,000 total, per accident
When putting together your auto insurance policy, it's important to remember that whatever amount you select is the maximum amount that your insurance provider will pay out on a claim. The minimum amounts as required by law are often times not enough to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are responsible. Therefore, you may want to consider choosing higher amounts of insurance coverage when you purchase your policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Collision Coverage or Comprehensive Coverage, for example.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Oregon Insurance Division
|350 Winter St. NE|
Salem, OR 97301
Oregon Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Oregon and are searching for a highly qualified auto insurance agent to assist you in putting together a comprehensive, yet affordable policy, look no further!
Auto insurance agents are highly trained professionals whose goal is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. They are able to compare prices from different insurance companies and find the best combination of coverage and cost. Since they keep up with the latest trends in the insurance industry, they are a knowledgeable source when it comes to putting together a comprehensive auto insurance policy that meets the needs of their customers but is also affordable.
A good agent will take the time to listen to your needs and circumstances with regards to auto insurance and will always consider and use your answers when writing up a policy which protects you, your property and your assets. You can rely on a skilled Oregon Auto Insurance agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to help you throughout the entire claim process. You should also expect your agent to make sure that your policy is up-to-date and that you maintain coverage which is appropriate for your personal situation.
If are interested in getting a quote from a qualified agent, use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. Any one of these professional agents will work hard to make sure you get a comprehensive policy that takes into consideration both your needs and budget.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about a good student discount.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Before applying for insurance, obtain copies of your personal credit report from the three major credit bureaus and check them for accuracy. Report any errors or out-of-date information directly to the reporting bureau.
By taking advantage of these money-saving tips and working with a professional insurance agent, you can be confident that you are getting the lowest possible rate on your auto insurance policy!
Out of the many ways to save money on Oregon auto insurance is through CarInsurance.info. Using our services, you can compare rates of different auto insurance companies and find the best coverage. If you compare rates from different auto insurance carriers you can find the best rates as well as find a policy that fits your specific needs. We can find you the best rates in the most convenient manner.
Search By City