Texas Auto Insurance
Compare Auto Insurance in Texas
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $25,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Texas.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Texas.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Texas.
- The Texas legislature has passed a cell phone/texting law.
- Texas House Bill 2730 and 339 prohibit drivers under the age of 18 from using wireless communication devices while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Texas.
- Texas utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- Texas teens need to be 15 years of age to apply for an instruction permit.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Texas teen driver laws.
Your insurance policy is basically a contract between you and your insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay for losses and/or damages in the event of an accident. It's important to remember when drawing up your personal policy that most states only require minimum coverage amounts. Most insurance experts agree that you should base your deductibles and types of coverage on your personal needs and circumstances.
Being underinsured can be almost as devastating as having no insurance. When speaking with your agent, be sure to take into consideration all aspects of your situation- family, income, and personal assets- when putting together your auto insurance policy.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Texas requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $25,000 total for property damage, per accident
When putting together your auto insurance policy, it's important to remember that whatever amount you select is the maximum amount that your insurance provider will pay out on a claim. The minimum amounts as required by law are often times not enough to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are responsible.
You can depend on your professional insurance agent to be a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state's minimum requirements and also for any other questions you may have about the different types of coverage available and their costs.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Texas Department of Insurance
Austin, TX 78701
Texas Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Texas and are looking for an auto insurance agent to help you with your insurance needs, you've come to the right place.
Auto insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you- their customer. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right Texas Auto Insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
By knowing what to ask and thoughtfully listening to your questions and concerns, a good agent can put together a policy which is just right for you- one that protects you and your property as well as your assets. A trusted professional agent will stand by you when you have to submit a claim and will work hard to ensure that your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet your needs and personal situation. Circumstances can change over time and it is the business of a good agent to adapt your policy to any such changes.
If are interested in getting a quote from a qualified agent, use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. Any one of these professional agents will work hard to make sure you get the best auto insurance policy available that meets both your needs and budget.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can sometimes earn you 10% or more off the total cost of your premiums.
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you're purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Before applying for insurance, obtain copies of your personal credit report from the three major credit bureaus and check them for accuracy. Report any errors or out-of-date information directly to the reporting bureau.
By taking advantage of these money-saving tips and working with a professional insurance agent, you can be confident that you are getting the lowest possible rate on a comprehensive auto insurance policy!
In Texas, CarInsurance.info is a useful resource that offers people all the information they need to make Texas auto insurance decisions. By searching the site for insurance providers and their services, people can compare prices and select the best policy. By adopting a strategic approach, one can save significant money. CarInsurance.info offers insurance information for the entire state of Texas. Residents just need to log on to the site and get a free quote for their city.
Search By City
|Arlington||Austin||Corpus Christi||Dallas||El Paso|
|Fort Worth||Garland||Houston||Plano||San Antonio|