Compare Auto Insurance in Nevada
- $15,000 bodily injury for one person
- $30,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Nevada.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Nevada.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Nevada.
- The Nevada Assembly has not considered any recent cell phone or text messaging laws.
- Nevada Assembly Bill 217 failed early in 2009.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Nevada.
- Nevada utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- Teen drivers must be 15 years, 6 months to obtain a Nevada instruction permit.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Nevada teen driver laws.
When you are involved in an auto accident and found to be responsible, it is extremely important to have the proper insurance coverage. Auto insurance protects you from financial loss. Without it, your home, savings, future wages, and all other personal assets can be at risk in order to cover the costs of accident-related medical bills, property damage, and lawsuits.
Your insurance policy is basically a contract between you and your insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay for losses and/or damages in the event of an accident. It’s important to remember when drawing up your personal policy that most states only require minimum coverage amounts. Most insurance experts agree that you should base your deductibles and types of coverage on your personal needs and circumstances.
Being underinsured can be almost as devastating as having no insurance. When speaking with your agent, be sure to take into consideration all aspects of your situation- family, income, and personal assets- when putting together your auto insurance policy.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Nevada requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists. This coverage can be bought as either split level coverage or combined single limit coverage.
Combined single limit coverage
- $40,000 total
Split limit coverage (two options)
- $15,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $30,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
- $100,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $300,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $50,000 total for property damage, per accident
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state’s minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For answers to any other questions, please contact:
Nevada Division of Insurance – Carson City
|1818 East College Pkwy.|
Carson City, NV 89706
(888) 872-3234 Toll Free
Nevada Division of Insurance- Las Vegas
|2501 East Sahara Avenue|
Las Vegas, NV 89104
(888) 872-3234 Toll Free
Nevada Car Insurance Agents
If you are a Nevada resident and are looking for an auto insurance agent to assist you with your insurance needs, your search is over!
Nevada Auto Insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you- their customer. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right auto insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
By knowing what to ask and thoughtfully listening to your questions and concerns, a good agent can put together a policy which is just right for you- one that protects you and your property as well as your assets. A trusted professional agent will stand by you when you have to submit a claim and will work hard to ensure that your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet your needs and personal situation. Circumstances can change over time and it is the business of a good agent to adapt your policy to any such changes.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator. It offers an extensive list of professional agents in your local area.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you don’t put a lot of miles on your car annually, ask about a low-mileage discount.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- Reduce coverage on an older vehicle, especially if it’s paid for.
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- Improve your credit score. Most insurance companies use this score to determine the rates you will pay for insurance. If possible, obtain copies of your personal credit report (from the three major reporting bureaus) and check them for accuracy before applying for insurance. Report any out-of-date information or errors directly to the reporting bureau.
Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to big savings for you! When you also work with a professional insurance agent to put together your policy, you can be confident that you are getting comprehensive coverage at the best possible price.
These days, a very large percentage of commerce takes place online. You can get a Nevada Auto Insurance Minimums quote quickly and easily with CarInsurance.info. If you’re looking for a great deal on auto insurance, you’ll need to compare insurance houses, and CarInsurance.info makes it easy to do that. You can get quotes from all of the best and most reliable auto insurance companies. We work with you to get the best rate.