Compare Auto Insurance in Tennessee
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $15,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Tennessee.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%; commercial drivers 0.04%; minors 0.02%
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Tennessee.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Tennessee.
- The Tennessee legislature has adopted a cell phone/texting law.
- Tennessee Senate Bill 393 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Tennessee.
- Tennessee utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- Teen drivers must be at least 15 years of age to obtain a Tennessee Learner’s Permit.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Tennessee teen driver laws.
Tennessee differs somewhat from other states regarding minimum insurance coverage. By law, every motorist is required to provide proof of financial responsibility. This means that if you do not wish to purchase Iowa auto insurance, you must prove to the state that you have unlimited funds available to you to cover any and all damages resulting from an auto accident. Obviously, most citizens do not have this type of savings so purchasing automobile insurance is a much simpler solution.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. For motorists electing to buy auto insurance, The State of Tennessee requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
When you are involved in an auto accident and found to be responsible, it is extremely important to have the proper insurance coverage. If you don’t carry the proper amount of coverage and are found at fault in an accident, your home, savings, future wages, and all other personal assets can be at risk in order to cover the costs of accident-related medical bills, property damage and lawsuits.
Your insurance policy is basically a contract between you and your insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay for losses and/or damages in the event of an accident. It’s important to remember when drawing up your personal policy that most states only require minimum coverage amounts. Most insurance experts agree that you should base your deductibles and types of coverage on your personal needs and circumstances.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state’s minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance
|500 James Robertson Pkwy.|
Davy Crockett Tower
Nashville, TN 37243
Tennessee Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Tennessee and are searching for an auto insurance agent to assist you with your insurance needs, you are in the right place.
Auto insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you- their customer. They are able to compare prices from different insurance companies and find the best combination of coverage and cost. Since they keep up with the latest trends in the insurance industry, they are a knowledgeable source when it comes to putting together a comprehensive auto insurance policy that meets the needs of their customers but is also affordable.
A good agent will take the time to listen to your needs and circumstances with regards to auto insurance and will always consider and use your answers when writing up a policy which protects you, your property and your assets. You can rely on a skilled Tennessee Auto Insurance agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to help you throughout the entire claim process. You should also expect your agent to make sure that your policy is up-to-date and that you maintain coverage which is appropriate for your personal situation.
If are interested in getting a quote from a qualified agent, use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. Any one of these professional agents will work hard to make sure you get a comprehensive policy that takes into consideration both your needs and budget.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% (or even more) off the total cost of your premiums.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Before applying for insurance, obtain copies of your personal credit report from the three major credit bureaus and check them for accuracy. Report any errors or out-of-date information directly to the reporting bureau.
Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to big savings for you! When you also work with a professional insurance agent to put together your policy, you can be confident that you are getting comprehensive coverage at the best possible price.
One of the best ways to save on Tennessee auto insurance is research the best rates through CarInsurance.info. We’re your insurance information portal for finding the best policy for their budget. By comparing the rates from a list of companies, we can help you pick the most suitable policy at the lowest rates as well as offer the greatest convenience while buying auto insurance.