Compare Auto Insurance in Washington
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Washington.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%; minors 0.02%
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Washington.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Washington.
- The Washington legislature has considered several cell phone/texting laws.
- Washington Senate Bill 6345 prohibits motor vehicle cell phone use without a Distracted Driver device.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Washington.
- Washington utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- Washington teen drivers must be at least 15 years of age to obtain an instruction permit.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Washington teen driver laws.
If you are held responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Washington requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
Most people know and understand that driving without insurance is not an option. Not only is it dangerous, it is also illegal. However, being underinsured can be almost as devastating as having no insurance. Without the proper coverage amounts, your home, savings, future income, all other personal assets and property can be at risk in order to cover the costs of accident-related medical bills, property damage and lawsuits.
It’s important to remember when drawing up your personal policy that most states only require minimum coverage amounts. Most insurance experts agree that you should base your deductibles and types of coverage on your personal needs and circumstances. When speaking with your agent, be sure to take into consideration all aspects of your situation- family, income, and personal assets- when putting together your auto insurance policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state’s minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For answers to any other questions, please contact:
Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner- Capitol Campus Office
|302 Sid Snyder Avenue SW|
Olympia, Washington 98504
Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner- Tumwater Office
|5000 Capitol Blvd. SE|
Tumwater, Washington 98501
Washington Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Washington and are looking for an auto insurance agent to help you with your insurance needs, you’ve come to the right place.
Auto insurance agents are highly trained professionals whose goal is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. They are able to compare prices from different insurance companies and find the best combination of coverage and cost. Since they keep up with the latest trends in the insurance industry, they are a knowledgeable source when it comes to putting together a comprehensive auto insurance policy that meets the needs of their customers but is also affordable.
A good agent will take the time to listen to your needs and circumstances with regards to auto insurance and will always consider and use your answers when writing up a policy which protects you, your property and your assets. You can rely on a skilled Washington Auto Insurance agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to help you throughout the entire claim process. You should also expect your agent to make sure that your policy is up-to-date and that you maintain coverage which is appropriate for your personal situation.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. You can depend on any one of these agents to maintain a high standard of professional excellence while working hard to get you the best insurance policy possible at a rate you can afford.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- Drive carefully. A clean driving record can add up to big savings when buying insurance.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the amount of your premium. Check your credit score before applying for insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Reduce coverage on an older vehicle, especially if it’s paid for.
- If you’re purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
Being aware of these money-saving tips can add up to big savings for you! When you also work with a professional insurance agent to put together your policy, you can be confident that you are getting comprehensive coverage at the best possible price.
CarInsurance.info is the ideal solution if you are looking to save on your Washington auto insurance premiums. CarInsurance.info is an online insurance marketplace with all the information people need to make a sensible insurance decision. With a comprehensive list of Washington state insurance providers and their best insurance products, you can select a policy with the lowest rate. CarInsurance.info is the site that you must visit if you’re looking to save not just money, but also time and effort.