Compare Auto Insurance in Wisconsin
- $25,000 bodily injury for one person
- $50,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Wisconsin.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Wisconsin.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Wisconsin.
- The Wisconsin legislature is considering several cell phone/texting laws.
- Wisconsin Assembly Bill 496 prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- Teens in Wisconsin must be at least 15 years, 6 months to qualify for an instruction permit.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Wisconsin teen driver laws.
Wisconsin maintains a financial responsibility law. If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Wisconsin requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $10,000 total for property damage, per accident
If you are involved in an auto accident and found at fault, the last thing you want to be is underinsured. The time to plan for this situation is when you are selecting the types of coverage to be included in your personal auto insurance policy. The importance of having the proper amount of coverage cannot be overstated.
Your insurance policy is basically a contract between you and your insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay for losses and/or damages in the event of an accident. It’s important to remember when drawing up your personal policy that most states only require minimum coverage amounts. Most insurance experts agree that you should base your deductibles and types of coverage on your personal needs and circumstances.
Being underinsured can be almost as devastating as having no insurance. When speaking with your agent, be sure to take into consideration all aspects of your situation- family, income, and personal assets- when putting together your auto insurance policy.
Your auto insurance agent is a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state’s minimum requirements. Your agent can also offer sound and practical advice when it comes to selecting other types of auto insurance coverage to protect yourself financially. These may include Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage, Collision Coverage, and Comprehensive Coverage.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance
|125 South Webster Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53703
Wisconsin Car Insurance Agents
If you live in Wisconsin and are looking for an auto insurance agent to help you with your insurance needs, you’ve come to the right place.
Auto insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose goal is to make the process of buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for you- their customer. They are able to compare prices from different insurance companies and find the best combination of coverage and cost.
By knowing what to ask and thoughtfully listening to your questions and concerns, a good agent can put together a policy which is just right for you- one that protects you and your property as well as your assets. A trusted professional agent will stand by you when you have to submit a claim and will work hard to ensure that your policy is up-to-date and continues to meet your needs and personal situation. Circumstances can change over time and it is the business of a good agent to adapt your policy to any such changes.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. You can depend on any one of these agents to maintain a high standard of professional excellence while working hard to make sure you get the best Wisconsin Auto Insurance policy possible.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- Reduce coverage on an older vehicle, especially if it’s paid for.
- Improve your credit score. Most insurance companies use this score to determine the rates you will pay for insurance. If possible, obtain copies of your personal credit report (from the three major reporting bureaus) and check them for accuracy before applying for insurance. Report any out-of-date information or errors directly to the reporting bureau.
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about a good student discount.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can sometimes earn you up to 10% or more off the total cost of your premiums.
You can be confident when you work with a professional insurance agent that you are getting a comprehensive auto insurance policy that is tailored specifically to your needs and budget. Knowing and using these money-saving tips can add up to even greater savings for you!
CarInsurance.info is the ideal way to save money when you are buying Wisconsin auto insurance. You can compare a myriad of insurance policies and pick one that suits you. CarInsurance.info offers all the information you would need to make informed decisions about your auto insurance coverage. By browsing through the site and comparing all the available insurance options, you can save time and money. The site incorporates a list of the lowest insurance options for you to select. Residents of Wisconsin can get a free online quote to help them buy auto insurance.