Compare Auto Insurance in Rhode Island
- $10,000 bodily injury for one person
- $20,000 per accident
- $10,000 property damage
- Click here for more auto insurance minimums in Rhode Island.
- DUI is considered a BAC of 0.08%.
- Enhanced sentencing for BAC of 0.15% and higher.
- Click here for more DUI laws in Rhode Island.
- SR-22 may be required for a number of reasons.
- An SR-22 is typically required to reinstate a suspended license.
- Click here for all SR-22 requirements in Rhode Island.
- The Rhode Island legislature has passed a cell phone/texting law.
- Rhode Island Senate Bill 204B prohibits text-based communications while operating a motor vehicle.
- Click here for Hands-Free laws in Rhode Island.
- Rhode Island utilizes a Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) system for teen drivers.
- Teen drivers must be 16 to 18 years of age to receive a Limited Instructional Permit.
- Click here to learn all you need to know about Rhode Island teen driver laws.
If you are involved in an auto accident and found to be responsible, the last thing you want to be is underinsured. The time to plan for this situation is when you are selecting the types of coverage to be included in your personal auto insurance policy. The importance of having the proper amount of coverage cannot be over-emphasized.
Your insurance policy is basically a contract between you and your insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay for losses and/or damages in the event of an accident. It’s important to remember when drawing up your personal policy that most states only require minimum coverage amounts. Most insurance experts agree that you should base your deductibles and types of coverage on your personal needs and circumstances.
Being underinsured can be almost as devastating as having no insurance. When speaking with your agent, be sure to take into consideration all aspects of your situation- family, income, and personal assets- when putting together your auto insurance policy.
If you are deemed responsible for an auto accident which results in injury to another person or persons, bodily injury liability coverage provides funds for accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The State of Rhode Island requires the following minimum coverage amounts to be purchased and maintained by all motorists:
- $25,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury coverage, per accident
- $25,000 total for property damage, per accident
When putting together your auto insurance policy, it’s important to remember that whatever amount you select is the maximum amount that your insurance provider will pay out on a claim. The minimum amounts as required by law are often times not enough to fully cover damages which occur in an accident for which you are responsible.
You can depend on your professional insurance agent to be a knowledgeable and trusted source for information regarding your state’s minimum requirements and also for any other questions you may have about the different types of coverage available and their costs.
For any other concerns or questions, please contact:
Rhode Island Insurance Division
|1511 Pontiac Avenue|
Cranston, RI 02920
Rhode Island Car Insurance Agents
If you are a Rhode Island resident and are looking for an auto insurance agent to assist you with your insurance needs, your search is over!
Rhode Island Auto Insurance agents are fully qualified professionals whose job is to make buying auto insurance easy and enjoyable for their customers. They are also able to compare coverage and prices from many different sources- including most of the leading, well-respected insurance companies in the country. This allows them to formulate the right auto insurance policy for each individual client in terms of coverage and cost.
A good agent will take the time to listen to your needs and circumstances with regards to auto insurance and will always consider and use your answers when writing up a policy which protects you, your property and your assets. You can rely on your agent to stand by you when you have a claim and to help you throughout the entire claim process. You should also expect your agent to make sure that your policy is up-to-date and that you maintain coverage which is appropriate for your personal situation.
If you would like to receive a quote from a qualified agent, please use our Agent Locator to find an extensive list of agents in your local area. You can depend on any one of these agents to maintain a high standard of professional excellence while working hard to get you the best insurance policy possible at a rate you can afford.
Tips to saving money on your insurance premiums
- Raise your deductible. Remember, the higher your deductible, the lower the cost.
- Maintain a clean driving record. This can add up to big savings when buying auto insurance.
- If you have a teenage driver in the family, ask about teen driver discounts.
- Bundle your insurance policies. Purchasing life, home, auto and other insurance policies from one company can earn you up to 10% off the total cost of your premiums.
- If you’re purchasing a new vehicle, get an insurance quote before you buy. Insurance prices can vary dramatically depending on the make and model of the car you purchase.
- Improve your credit score. Many insurance companies use your credit score to determine the cost of your premium. Be sure to check your score before applying for new insurance to make sure it is accurate and up-to-date.
You can be confident when you work with a professional insurance agent that you are getting a comprehensive auto insurance policy that is tailored specifically to your needs and budget. Knowing and using these money-saving tips can add up to even greater savings for you!
In addition to other states, Rhode Island requires drivers to have auto insurance at all times. With CarInsurance.info consumers are able to obtain low cost Rhode Island auto insurance rates more easily than before. The site offers a true online insurance marketplace where people can compare prices of insurance companies and even purchase a policy. No need to get on the phone, this website offers all of the information and features that the busy consumer needs.